- Joined the Labour Party 1983
- Elected By Election April 1997
- 1998 Deputy Chair Economic Development Committee
I led the work of the Fairwater sports Trust to raise the monies and build the facilities in Poplar Park, including a new football pitch, Bowling Green, Tennis courts and Welsh League standard dressing rooms.
- Re Elected 1999
- Executive Member Responsible for Environment and Parks
During this time I led the Wheeled bin trial scheme that changed the way recycling worked in Cardiff and at the same time led the work that changed the MRF (Material Recycling Facility) and improved recycling.
I also led the work to get the RHS Spring Flower show to come to Cardiff. This brings in around £1m in economic benefit to the city and is a huge success.
- Cabinet Member Transport and Transportation,Economic Development 2003-4
- Chairman of Cardiff Transport Partnership
- Re Elected in 2004
- Opposition spokesman for sport
- Re Elected in 20012 for Trowbridge and St Mellons
- Chairman of Cardiff County Council Planning Committee from 2012-to the present day
Led the changes that made the Councils Planning a modern fit for purpose dept that gives a more efficient and business friendly service that now is one of the leaders in Wales Planning.
Led the work to push through the New Hub in St Mellons that now has planning permission and should be starting by spring 17. that will include some of the best youth facilities and sports dressing rooms along with Sure Start, community café as well as a Council one stop advice shop and extended library.
Pushed to get the New Eastern High in Trowbridge. Now being build. With some of the best Sporting, Educational and Community facilities in the UK.
These along with the proposed St Mellons Parkway and Park and Ride will allow for easier transport allowing faster conections to Cardiff Centre,
As the new Parkway develops the new plans for world class job creation cluster on the edge of Trowbridge & St Mellons.
I strongly believe in working with the Community to push through their needs.